Fascinating ideas, whipsmart research, and passionate action – all shaken and stirred with a tangy burst of inspiration.
Growing up with the last name "Hogshead" would give anyone an unconventional point of view.
Today, Sally teaches how to instantly persuade and captivate in a world with the attention span of a goldfish – 9 seconds.
Creator of the Fascination Advantage Assessment, the world’s first test that measures how a person fascinates, which has helped over 200,000 participants discover their natural strengths of persuasion.
More about the Fascination Advantage Test
Author of FASCINATE: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation, the internationally acclaimed book that has been translated into 14 languages and praised by thought leaders including Seth Godin and Tom Peters.
Buy the book
The research leader behind the groundbreaking three-year study on fascination and the science that powers the How to Fascinate System. Her collaborative research with global market research firm, Kelton Research, have uncovered specific ways in which fascination is a shortcut to persuasion, and the ROI of making a brand more fascinating.
More about her research
A national media consultant with regular appearances that include NBC's Today Show and the New York Times. The press has described her as "the marketing mistress of fascination" who has "changed the face of North American advertising."
A world-class speaker featured on TED and hired around the globe by top brands such as Coca Cola to provide insight and inspiration on how companies and individuals can supercharge their ability to fascinate.
Sally on TED
Sally’s Background Fast Facts
- Graduate of Duke University
- Lived with an African tribe inside a goat dung hut during college
- Won more awards than any other U.S. writer in her second year in advertising
- Named "the most successful junior copywriter of all time"
- Founded her own ad agency by age 27
- Opened the West Coast office of illustrious agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Clients have included Nike, Godiva, Aflac, and Mini Cooper
What Sally Believes:
- The world is not changed by people who sort of care
- In a competitive environment, the most fascinating option always wins
- Stand out, or don’t bother
- You can be comfortable, or outstanding, but not both
- Forget what your business card says. You’re an entrepreneur
- Live in verbs
- Passion is the ultimate way to add value to your clients
- If you’re not eliciting a negative response from someone, you’re probably not fascinating to anyone