Sally Hogshead believes the greatest value you can add is to become more of yourself.
World-class branding expert and best-selling author Sally Hogshead, discovered a new way to measure how people perceive your communication. Find out what makes you intensely valuable to others, so the world will see you at your best.
Hogshead rose to the top of the advertising profession in her early 20s, writing ads that fascinated millions of consumers. Over the course of her ad career, Sally won hundreds of awards for creativity, copywriting, and branding, and was one of the most awarded advertising copywriters right from start of career, including almost every major international advertising awards.
Her internationally-acclaimed book, Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation, has been translated into over 12 languages. The science of fascination is based on Hogshead’s decade of research with 600,000 participants, including dozens of Fortune 500 teams, hundreds of small businesses, and over a thousand C-level executives.
Her newest book, How the World Sees You is already a New York Times best seller as well as a Wall Street Journal best seller.
Creator of the Fascination Advantage Assessment, the world’s first test that measures how a person fascinates, which has helped over 500,000 participants discover their natural Advantages of persuasion.
More about the Fascination Advantage Assessment
Author of How The World Sees You, Sally's best-selling book is in stores now.
In How the World Sees You, you’ll find out which of your personality traits are most valuable to others, so that the world can see you at your best. Author and brand authority Sally Hogshead will give you the exact words to describe your highest value.
Buy the book now!
The research leader behind the groundbreaking study on fascination and the science that powers the How to Fascinate System. Her collaborative research with global market research firm, Kelton Research, has uncovered specific ways in which fascination is a shortcut to persuasion, and the ROI of making a brand more fascinating.
More about her research
A national media consultant, She frequently appears in national media including NBC’s Today Show and the New York Times.
A world-class speaker featured on TED and hired around the globe by top brands such as Coca Cola to provide insight and inspiration on how companies and individuals can supercharge their ability to fascinate. Hogshead was recently inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame, the industry’s highest award for professional excellence. Her advertising work hangs in the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
Sally on TED
Sally’s Background Fast Facts
- Graduate of Duke University
- Lived with an African tribe inside a goat dung hut during college
- Won more awards than any other U.S. writer in her second year in advertising
- Named "the most successful junior copywriter of all time"
- Founded her own ad agency by age 27
- Clients have included Nike, Godiva, Aflac, and Mini Cooper
What Sally Believes:
- The world is not changed by people who sort of care
- In a competitive environment, the most fascinating option always wins
- Stand out, or don’t bother
- You can be comfortable, or outstanding, but not both
- Forget what your business card says. You’re an entrepreneur
- Live in verbs
- Passion is the ultimate way to add value to your clients
- If you’re not eliciting a negative response from someone, you’re probably not fascinating to anyone