To become more successful, you don’t have to change who you are. You have to become more of who you are, so you can create better relationships, grow your business, and become intensely valuable to those who matter most.Here are 12 inspirations for your success, taken from the NY Times bestseller, How the World Sees You:
12. The greatest value you can add is to become more of yourself. (Click to Tweet)
On some level, we all have a fear of being fascinating. When you rise above the fear, you rise above the fray.
11. You won't make a difference being quiet or loud. You make a difference by being heard. (Click to Tweet)
No matter what your natural communication style, you must learn how it’s being perceived by others. In order to communicate, you must learn how you communicate.
10. To be more successful, don’t change who you are. Become more of it. (Click to Tweet)
When you live according to your own highest value, you become your most fascinating—and most valuable.
9. Stand out, or don’t bother. (Click to Tweet)
Understand how the world sees you, and you will discover your most valuable differences. Leverage these differences to avoid commoditization.
8. Clients don’t hire you because you're balanced. They hire you because you’re extraordinary in some way. (Click to Tweet)
You can either be balanced vanilla, or extraordinary pistachio.
7. You’ll never rise to the top by being all things to all people. (Click to Tweet)
If you can’t improve someone’s perception of you, or at the very least maintain it, then reconsider whether you should be engaging them in the first place. Stop exhausting yourself trying to be all things to all people.
6. 100% yourself is greater than 100% perfect. (Click to Tweet)
The more you can amplify your natural Advantages, the more likely you are to be heard and remembered.
5. You don’t learn to be fascinating. You unlearn boring. (Click to Tweet)
Being yourself is not a struggle. In fact, it makes you more relaxed and at ease.
4. You don’t have to find the light. You are the light. (Click to Tweet)
On the day you were born, you already knew how to fascinate. Fascination is an instinctive form of connection.
3. Your personality is the greatest differentiator you have. (Click to Tweet)
People can copy your product, your pricing, your actions, your recipe or program or formula. But they can never replicate who you are.
2. The way to empower someone is to show them their value. (Click to Tweet)
Once someone understands how they naturally add value, they blossom. They become more confident, more persuasive, and more influential.
1. The world is not changed by people who sort of care. (Click to Tweet)
Sort of caring will get you run over by someone who actually does care. Sort of caring is the on-ramp to obsolescence-- a road that starts comfortably enough, but soon leads to the lonesomeness of obscurity. The world is changed by people who passionately, relentlessly care-- sometimes, unreasonably so.
SHARE YOUR STORY: What is your favorite inspiration from Sally? Let us know in the comments!