Sally Hogshead believes the greatest value you can add is to become more of yourself.
World-class branding expert Hogshead has discovered a new way to measure how people perceive your communication. Find out what makes you intensely valuable to others, so the world will see you at your best.
Hogshead rose to the top of the advertising profession in her early 20s, writing ads that fascinated millions of consumers. Over the course of her ad career, Hogshead won hundreds of awards for creativity, copywriting and branding, and was one of the most awarded advertising copywriters right from start of career, including almost every major international advertising awards.
Hogshead is the creator of the Fascination Advantage® Assessment: the world’s first personality assessment that measures what makes someone most engaging to others. Unlike Myers-Briggs or StrengthsFinder™, this test is not about how you see the world–but how the world sees you.
The science of fascination is based on Hogshead’s decade of research with 250,000 initial participants, including dozens of Fortune 500 teams, hundreds of small businesses, and over a thousand C-level executives.
The Fascination Advantage® system has helped hundreds of thousands of participants discover their natural advantages of persuasion. Hogshead further explores the science of fascination in her internationally-acclaimed book, Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation (HarperBusiness, 2010), which explains the irresistible influence of fascination in the world of business and thought leadership. Fascinate has been translated into over 14 languages, with praise from thought leaders such as Seth Godin and Tom Peters.
How The World Sees You
Her newest book, How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination (HarperBusiness; July 1, 2014; $29.99), applies the principles of fascination Advantages to understanding personal brands. Readers will find out which personality traits are most valuable to others, so that the world will see them at their best and they will know exactly how to describe their highest value.
Hogshead rose to the top of the advertising profession writing ads that fascinated millions of consumers. She frequently appears in national media, including NBC’s “Today” show and the New York Times. Hogshead was inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame, the industry’s highest award for professional excellence.
Sally’s Background Fast Facts
- Graduate of Duke University
- Lived with an African tribe inside a goat dung hut during college
- Won more awards than any other U.S. writer in her second year in advertising
- Named "the most successful junior copywriter of all time"
- Founded her own ad agency by age 27
- Clients have included Nike, Godiva, Aflac, and Mini Cooper
- International, best-selling author
- National Speaker Hall of Fame inductee
What Sally Believes:
- The world is not changed by people who sort of care
- In a competitive environment, the most fascinating option always wins
- The greatest value you can add is to become more of yourself
- If you don't know your own value, don't expect anyone else to
- To become more successful, don't change who you are--become more of who you are
- Every time you communicate, you are either adding value or taking up space
- Instead of focusing on strengths, highlight your differences
- You don't learn how to be fascinating, you unlearn boring
- Stand out, or don't bother