The majority of an iceberg lies below the surface. The same is true with some people. Their personality strengths wait just below the surface.
Personalities with primary MYSTIQUE Advantage reveal a fraction of themselves and their processes.
These people are intelligent strategic thinkers. Deliberate and thoughtful in what they divulge, they teach others to place a premium on what they actually reveal. (“What is she really thinking?” “What insight bubbles under the surface?”) These personalities are generally:
Because these personalities usually avoid the limelight, and don't showcase themselves, they can be misunderstood. By understanding the premium value that MYSTIQUE people bring to a process, the more an organization can benefit.
Although they are independent, MYSTIQUE employees can work brilliantly with others when managers help them harness their natural fascination abilities.
- MYSTIQUE employees make decisions carefully and thoughtfully. While they may be analytical, they’re not always predictable. They don’t reveal much about their decision-making process, and don’t like to be pushed or rushed.
- MYSTIQUE employees are slow-burn versus fast-burn. They don’t usually toss out ideas in brainstorming sessions or improvise well (the way PASSION or POWER might). But they excel in situations that involve decoding nuance or outlining strategy.
- MYSTIQUE employees can be terrific negotiators. They have the ability to remain unruffled (because they’re neither focused on rousing passions or being the center of attention). Managers who need someone who is calm under pressure would be wise to look at a MYSTIQUE applicant (over a INNOVATION, for example).
- MYSTIQUE employees do not dominate the conversation. Introverts by nature, they don’t usually draw attention to themselves. When they’re on a team, you have to be careful they don’t get overshadowed and pushed aside by the more extroverted types, like PASSION and INNOVATION. On the flip side, in a team atmosphere, they can do a great job balancing out these more expressive personalities.
- MYSTIQUE employees are self-directed. If the ability to work independently is important, hiring a MYSTIQUE is a smart decision because they generally manage their time well and work very independently. Forcing a process on them often doesn’t work. And if you micromanage them, they’ll only become frustrated.
One more thing to keep in mind: MYSTIQUE people often don’t form quick bonds. People buy from MYSTIQUES because they connect over time, not immediately. When first impressions really count, you may need to work with a MYSTIQUE employee on building connections with others through memorable interactions and a captivating message.
Learn more about MYSTIQUE employees (as well as the six other personality types) when you give your team the Fascination Advantage®.